CallCast is a freemium service. What does that mean?
We wanted to make sure that we could keep as MUCH free as possible. Unlike some of the other services out there, CallCast has not taken money from any business source... we are bootstrapped and working together to make an amazing product for amazing people... but because we have not take money from outside investors or companies it means we do need to monetize some aspects of the platform - otherwise we would go out of business and not be able to bring to you the service that we love.
What is Free?
- Record Audio right from the app
- Edit Audio Features (slice, delete, adjust audio on timeline, close gaps, audio sound levels, etc)
- Add extra audio layer tracks
- Add background sounds and music
- Import Audio
- Export Audio
- Tag audio with Podcast tags ready for iTunes and other Podcasting sources
- Get RSS feed
- Get a subdomain website (example: adam.callcast.co )
- Create Show Artwork with the correct size dimensions for Podcasts
- Publish to iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, etc right from the app
- Audio Embed Media Player
What is Paid?
*with the paid plan you get everything from Free plus
- Phone number for you and your guests to call and do remote podcasts.
- Call Scheduling
- Social Sharing
What plans can you purchase?
Depending on how much podcasting you plan to do each month, we have different plans for you!
Light Plan: $4.99/Hour (a la carte)
Medium Plan $15.99/Month = 4 hours monthly
Prolific Podcaster Plan $24.99/Month = 12 hours monthly
All plans renew each month and reset your time.
What happens if I run out of time while I'm in the middle of a podcast?
In your settings page you can toggle 'Auto Charge' to ON to make sure that you will not drop a podcast while on a call. If you are on a call and you run out of time we will re-up your account by 1 hour using the a la carte option. If you talk for another 20 minutes and end the podcast you will have a remaining 40 minutes of podcast time left in the month. When the month ends you will be charged for the new month and your call time balance will be reset to it's monthly setting.
We do not "Roll-Over" time. Time resets each month. This is the only way we can track and run CallCast as a service.
And there are a LOT more features on the upcoming development plan that we are super stoked to get out to you!!!!
Article is closed for comments.